The easy-to-use i-STAT handheld operates with the advanced technology of single-use i-STAT test cartridges. Together, they create the i-STAT System*—a point-of-care (POC) system that provides lab-quality results in minutes and allows health care professionals to quickly respond to needs and conditions at the patient’s side.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF THE i-STAT SYSTEM:
- Simple to use: Only four steps required to get patient results in less time and at less cost
- Faster results than benchtops: Studies have shown that the the i-STAT System is significantly quicker than bench-top systems and the central lab1,2
- Patient-centred care: i-STAT enhances patient satisfaction by minimising wait times and length of stay
- Broad test menu: Single-use i-STAT test cartridges cover a large menu of commonly used tests in one platform
- Wireless option: The i-STAT 1 Wireless Analyzer transmits results wirelessly to your Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Streamlined information management: Info HQ Manager, Advanced Quality Features and STATNotes help integrate test results into your facility’s software
*Refer to the i-STAT 1 System Manual for precautions, limitations, and hazards.
FOUR EASY STEPS TO BLOOD ANALYSIS
A truly portable with-patient device, the i-STAT handheld increases efficiency and productivity by reducing the time and labor required to collect, process, and report results. Unlike multi-use systems, the i-STAT handheld is ready to use around the clock with no downtime for calibration or consumables. The i-STAT handheld’s screen prompts users with step-by-step instructions during the entire testing process.
AVOID DELAYS SEEN WITH BENCHTOPS
The i-STAT System has been shown to deliver lab-quality results significantly quicker than both bench-top systems and the central laboratory.1,2
The i-STAT System offers 24/7 with-patient testing, avoiding delays seen with bench-top systems, such as transport, human distractions, maintenance, and calibration.
Results from two large UK hospitals showed i-STAT to be significantly quicker than two separate bench-top analyzers as well as the central laboratory.1,2
DRIVE EFFICIENCY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PATIENT EXPERIENCE
The i-STAT System allows health care teams to stay with-patient during testing to deliver collaborative, patient-centred care. The system drives performance and efficiency at each stage of the patient journey, from the time spent waiting to be seen through to treatment, discharge or admission.
i-STAT SYSTEM HELPS HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS:
- Reduce potential for errors
- Promote collaboration among clinical teams, allowing for consultation with colleagues to make immediate treatment decisions at the bedside
- Quickly respond to any need or change in a patient’s condition
- Interact with the patient’s family, without leaving the patient’s side and increase family involvement and confidence
As a result, the i-STAT System can enhance patient satisfaction by minimising wait times and length of stay.3
WITH-PATIENT TESTING IN YOUR FACILITY
Discover how the i-STAT System can provide lab-quality results in your healthcare setting.
- Emergency department
- Critical care