The NycoCard READER II is a small battery powered instrument, designed to measure all NycoCard products.
It consists of two units: the instrument box, which is the operational and calculating unit, and the Reader pen, which detects the signal.
Patented measurement principle:
Each NycoCard test comprises a unique Test Device where the test is performed.
The device has a central well for sample and reagent application, which is shaped to fit the Reader pen. When the pen is placed over the sample and the pen sleeve is pushed down, the measurement starts automatically and the test result appears on the display.
NycoCard CRP test
NycoCard D-Dimer test
NycoCard HbA1c test
NycoCard U-Albumin test
The NycoCard HbA1c test is a 3 minute Point of Care test for the measurement of glycated hemoglobin.
NycoCard HbA1c provides an accurate and reliable method to monitor metabolic control in people with diabetes.
Test specific information:
- Sample volume: 5 µL
- Assay time: 3 minutes
- Sample material: Capillary blood or anticoagulated venous blood (EDTA, citrate or heparin)
- Measuring range: 4 – 15% HbA1c
- Reports DCCT aligned values.
- NGSP-certified method
- Boronate affinity test principle
- No interference from Hb variants like HbC, HbE, HbF, HbJ and HbS
- No interference from carbamylated Hb
- Kit size: 24 tests
Clinical use of NycoCard HbA1c
- Improved diabetes management
- Better metabolic control
- Reduction in late complications
- Fewer hospital admissions
- Healthcare cost savings
See the HbA1c Test Procedure for information on how to run a test.